Though your carpet may appear clean, it is most likely a haven for dust, mould, and bacteria particles. This dirt may be out of sight, out of mind – until it begins to affect your health. The debris in your carpet can enter your respiratory system, making you exposed to a variety of ailments. But getting rid of this filth involves much more than quick vacuuming, so what should you do? Cleaning the carpets and shampooing is one of the most effective techniques to solve this issue. Continue reading to find out “How Often Should You Shampoo Your Carpet?”
How Frequently Should You Shampoo the Carpet?
When it comes to carpet cleaning, many people wonder, “How Often Should You Shampoo Your Carpet?” In general, you should have your carpets professionally shampooed every 12 to 18 months. However, this is only an approximation. The frequency with which you should shampoo your carpet is determined by a variety of factors, including:
- Size of the Family: The number of individuals who live in your home will decide how frequently you should shampoo your carpets. If you live alone, you can usually get away with shampooing the carpets once every 18 months or so. If you have a large family, you should probably shampoo at least once a year.
- If you have kids: It’s no secret that youngsters make more messes than adults. Children may wreak havoc on a clean carpet by spilling liquids, tracking in dust from outside, and leaving crumbs. If you have many children, we recommend shampooing the carpet every 6 to 12 months.
- If you have pets: Pets can be just as, if not more, messy than children. No matter how careful you are with your pet, it will always track in some dirt and grass from the outside. Even if your pet does not go outside, you must contend with shedding and the rare mishap. Pet owners should plan on shampooing their carpets every 6 to 12 months.
- Animals and children: If you have pets and children, your carpet will most likely become quite dirty very soon. It is advised that you shampoo your carpet three to four times per year.
- High-Traffic Areas: Some areas of the house get greater foot activity than others. Hallways, living areas, and kitchens are frequently the places with the most foot traffic. Bedrooms and recreation rooms often receive considerable foot traffic, but bedrooms for guests and dining rooms receive the least. As you may expect, heavily travelled areas will require more frequent shampooing than low-traffic areas.
- Environment: Your surroundings can also influence how frequently you need to shampoo the carpets. For instance, if you live in a rainy environment, it is more probable that household members may track in mud. People are more likely to track in the dust if they live in an excessively dry region. Consider this while selecting how frequently to shampoo your carpet.
Things To Do After Shampooing Your Carpet:
You must complete the necessary post-treatment actions after shampooing your carpet. What you must do is as follows:
- Examine for Excess Moisture: After shampooing, press your index finger against the carpet to look for any remaining wetness. Continue suctioning the carpet if there is extra wetness. Continue to test the carpet using your hand until there is no leftover dampness.
- Allow Enough Time for Drying: After you’ve completed shampooing your carpet, don’t immediately start walking on it. Drying time for small areas might be as little as 2 hours. If you shampooed a wide area, it may take up to a day for the carpet to dry entirely. You can speed up the drying process by opening windows and turning on fans.
- Moving Furniture: Wait until the carpet is dry before relocating your furniture. Place plastic or aluminium foil under the legs of the furniture if you need to replace it before the carpet is dry. This will prevent the furniture from staining the damp carpet.
- Vacuum: You should vacuum your carpet again once it is entirely dry. This ensures that any loose particles trapped on the carpet are scooped up before anyone steps on it.
It’s time to clean your carpets now that we’ve answered the question, “How Often Should You Shampoo Your Carpet?” Your carpets will be as good as new in no time. Shampooing a carpet can be difficult, but it’s a necessary evil that always leaves your home smelling fresh and clean. If you want to employ a Sydney carpet cleaning service, be sure to read this guide to understand how to do it. A skilled carpet shampooer may work miracles on your carpets. It will not only remove all of the dirt and grime that has accumulated over time, but it will also protect the carpeting from future stains. Professional carpet shampooing will also apply a barrier of protection to your carpets, which will help them last longer. As a result, frequent carpet shampooing is an important element in maintaining the appearance of your carpets. Aside from all of these advantages, expert carpet shampooing is also fairly reasonable, giving it excellent value for money.